Friday, October 24, 2014

Time for yourself

Silence. Finally. My husband has gone with our son to his playgroup. This is one of the very few moments that belongs to me. No one is pulling on my clothes, running around the house, no noise, no constant mama mama.
These moments are so rare that I have forgotten how good it feels. How much I need time for myself. Alone.

We don't have grandparents around, we don't use a babysitter and our son doesn't go to a Kinderopvang. He's 24-7 with me. Occasionally he stays with his father, but those are exceptions. This set up makes it hard for a HSP. We need time alone, time to recharge, silence. But because we tend to sacrifice our lives to serving others we hardly allow ourselves that much needed alone time. I remember even when Yunus was smaller I felt so guilty every time I left him with someone else. My heart was crying out for him, we were one unit. I felt I abandoned him.
Now that he's 16 months it was one of the first times that I was lucky when the door closed behind him and silence fell into the room. He's with his father, he's ok. And I had forgotten how much I needed time for myself.
Everyone who has grandparents and other family around is very fortunate. Especially as a HSP. We need to make more space for alone time. Allow us those moments to recharge, to fill ourselves with energy so that we can serve other again. I promised to not use my alone time for household duties and other duties that I never have time for. I will fill it with things that give me pleasure: enjoy a cup of tea in silence, meditate, write on my blog, have a walk in the nature.
Cheers to silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment